If you don’t know me from my former role of General Manager of the FC, then this post may be beyond comprehension. Should you be so keen, stay with me and allow me to summarise the last 10 days as succinctly as I can:
- I was the general manager of a Second Life Club
- I left
- A bunch of other people left after me
- We’re starting a new club
Hmm, that’s about it really. But of course, this is SL, and like RL, it’s never quite that simple is it? In fact, it’s been the subject of many of my work-related posts over the past few days.
But, I haven’t been the only busy bee writing all about my daily routines! I dare say, I have an admirer from afar. Oooooooh!
While we’ve been busy developing our new Club (opening March 23rd by the way), the owner of the one I previously worked at has been very busy investing a fair amount of time in creating a website devoted to me and my friends!
And in the tradition of Jonathan Swift and Miguel de Cervantes, he’s been writing a delightful string of parody, aiming to mock our comings and goings since the 25th of February! And, it’s complete with cleverly-turned aliases (for example, I’m pretty sure that Finch Buck is supposed to me!). Did you see that? Canary = Finch (they’re both birds), and Buck = … well, that’s just my last name in typonese!
But really, here is the best part: it’s actually really, really funny! And I don’t mean that in a sarcastic way. I actually really mean that in a laugh-out-loud sort of way. Sadly, we only came across this sparkling Gem of prose last night from another one of our many friends that still work there.
This morning, I looked up the word parody on wikipedia, as you do, and here is what I found:
A parody ( /ˈpærədi/; also called send-up, spoof, pastiche or lampoon), in current use, is an imitative work created to mock, comment on, or trivialise an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target, by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation.
After reading that, I decided to read the website one more time (I’ve since subscribed as I wouldn’t want to miss another post!). And, it would in fact be a very good parody, but it isn’t. Why? Because it’s way too true!
- I do like tea, happy bunnies and rainbows! Who doesn’t right?
- My friends are indeed cartoon characters, slaves and among the mentally challenged. I kind of like it that way. Clearly, it’s much less challenging to have my way with them
- I did in fact leave the FC because I was afraid of the big bad wolf and Homens is indeed the personification of Lucifer himself, although to be fair, a gentler, more philanthropic version
- Purdie (aka Purky Velcrolove – so clever!) does in fact not only make excellent plastic cupcakes, she really does like shagging, and she can indeed charge 1000 quid per minute for pretty much doing nothing at all – and often does so, in RL and SL. And sometimes even simultaneously.
- We are truly starting a new Club (opening March 23rd by the way) and yes, truth be told, we have decided to call it the Buckey Mouse Club. Why not, right? And yes, it is in fact modelled after Disney’s Magic Kingdom – we figured that’d be a pretty original fusion concept and hoped you would agree
- Indeed, I have truly been relaxing at the beach over the past 10 days while others do my bidding. This of course includes my friend Isadora (aka Imorala, hi hi hi), who is not only my builder, but also my “slave”. Although, I prefer to dress her up in french maid outfits as she tickles my ass with her feather duster. And, if you don’t believe me, have another look at that snapshot above. And, that’s unedited by the way, you can’t photoshop that stuff up.
I do hope these posts continue! And Homens, if you’re reading this (which I’m sure you are), I never knew you had it in you to be so funny! And of course, you’re more than welcome to the Grand Opening of our Club (opening March 23rd by the way), just promise me you’ll keep writing!
Rainbows and fairies all,