I have a gremlin inside of me.
Not the cute and cuddly kind not to be fed after midnight. Not even the evil leathery kind with razor-sharp teeth, hell-bent on breaking everything in sight.
No, my gremlin is a more old-fashioned saboteur. My gremlin doesn’t care about aircraft – it wouldn’t know where to begin.
My gremlin is an architect of self-sabotage. It’s specialties?
- Fawning over you to win your favour
- Expressing contrived concern about your well-being
- Hanging on to your every word
- Looking for your approval
- Asking you if you’re angry with me
- Fishing for a kind word from you
- Trying to impress you
- Gossiping with you
- Explaining myself to you
I’m done with you.
Gremlin: I’ve got you in my sights you dirty little shit. I see you. I know where you live. I’ve watched your patterns. I know where you hang out in your free time. And I know where you work. I can find you. I can fight you. And I will beat you.